FISH IN ESCABECHE TACOS
La Banderita Flour Tortilla 6" #2708
La Banderita Carb Counter 5.5" #3228
- 1 Pound fish filets (salmon or halibut)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Garlic salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 Serrano chile, seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sea salt to taste
- 8 La Banderita flour or low carb tortillas, warmed
Preheat grill to medium.
Brush fish filets with oil and season with garlic salt and pepper. Grill on both sides for 4 minutes on each side. Chop in large pieces and set.
In a large bowl, combine onion, cilantro, tomato, chile, lime juice, olive oil and soy sauce. Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Toss with a fork to combine all ingredients.
Add cooked fish to vegetable mixture, carefully fold to combine flavors.
Serve in warm tortillas