CHEESE STUFFED GREEN CHILE TACOS WITH TOMATILLO SALSA
La Banderita Flour Tortillas 6" #2708
Ole Oaxaca Cheese #0338
- 8 Anaheim chiles, rinsed and stems removed
- 10 ounce Oaxaca cheese, chopped in long strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 La Banderita Flour Tortillas, warmed
Ingredients for Tomatillo Salsa
- 4 large tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, husks on
- 3 jalapeño peppers, stem removed
- ½ white onion
- 1 teaspoon sal
Place tomatillos, garlic, jalapeños and onion on hot grill. Turn frequently until vegetables have charred spots. Remove from heat, remove garlic husks and transfer salsa ingredients to a blender container. Add salt. Pulse a few times giving salsa a chunky consistency. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
Place 1 cheese stuffed grilled pepper on the center of tortilla. Repeat with remaining peppers and tortillas, top with salsa and serve.